Tips for trips
The Lusatian Mountains, which surround Malevil, are ideal for cycling and walking.
In the vicinity of Malevil there are countless beautiful places where you can plan a walk. The hotel reception will be happy to advise you on the best routes.
- Luž - the highest mountain of the Lusatian Mountains (793m)
- Hvozd - the top of Hvozd is already located in German territory. At its top, you will be rewarded for a walk in the form of two restaurants, a lookout tower and a beautiful view
- Key - one of the largest landmarks of the Lusatian Mountains (760m). In clear weather, you can see the Krkonoše Mountains, the Jizera Mountains, the Czech and Saxon Switzerland, the Ore Mountains and the legendary Říp Mountain.
- Jedlová hora - (774m) There is a beautiful view from the top of the hill, you can see the peaks of the Ore Mountains up to the Giant Mountains. Since 1892 there is also a stone lookout tower.
There are many beautiful bike paths in the area that are worth exploring. If you didn't bring your bike with you, don't worry, we will be happy to lend you a bike on Malevil.
Tip 1 - FOR FAMILIES WITH CHILDREN
Malevil - Hope - Horni Svetla - Dolni Svetla - Marenice
Tip 2 - UP AND DOWN
Hermanice - Grandmother's Rest - Krompach - Janske Stones
Tip 3 - LUŽICKÝ PRĎÁK
Malevil - Marenice - Dolni Svetla - Horni Svetla - Luz
Tip 4 - SINGLE LITTER
A 7-kilometer circuit around the Jezevčí vrch
Jablonné v Podještědí
Jablonné v Podještědí is just 6 kilometers away from Malevil and has several interesting sights
- St. Lawrence Basilica - In the accessible catacombs under the basilica is the tomb of St. Zdislava of Lemberk
- Plague Column - Sloup is the dominant of the Jabonný Square since 1686
- Lemberk Chateau - Today's Early Baroque Chateau was originally a medieval castle founded by Havel of the Markvartic family in the middle of the 13th century
- Zdislavina studánka - There is a well in the vicinity of the castle. According to the legend of the well under the rock mass, Saint Zdislava of Lemberk herself herself and used her beneficial water to heal the sick.
It is located 30 kilometers from Malevil and has a lot to offer to visitors, both in rainy and sunny days.
- Ještěd - By car or cable car you can get to the top of the dominant towering over Liberec, which has a famous TV transmitter on its top and from where there is a beautiful view of the surroundings.
- Zoo - one of the oldest zoos in Central Europe. You can also see rare white tigers.
- Botanical Garden - The oldest botanical garden in the Czech Republic has greenhouse and outdoor exhibitions. Here you can find 13 different botanical themes with exotic plants.
- iQLANDIA - A modern science center with a planetarium and hundreds of original interactive exhibits. It offers enchanting knowledge of science and technology for children and adults.
- North Bohemian Museum - The permanent exhibition here includes, for example, a unique collection of artisan crafts and collections dedicated to the history of settlement in the Liberec region.
- Astronomical Clock - Astronomical Clock stands in the middle of the village. The astronomical clock is equipped with 22 carved figures, of which 18 are moving. The author of these beautiful carving figures is the well-known Liberec artist and woodcarver Václav Plechatý. Motion mechanics was created by Jiří Olma
- Bethlehem Exhibition - The Betlehem Museum is located next to the Astronomical Clock, with over 20 different nativity scenes. Among them are the Müller nativity scene in oriental style and some of Tyrolean nativity scene Franz Pohl. It was previously mechanical and is now being gradually re-established.
- Outdoor Bethlehem - Jír's outdoor crib is seen at 16 meters in length from the beginning of Advent to Three Kings.
- Railway Viaduct - This viaduct, which was put into operation in 1900, is definitely worth a visit. It is arched, has 14 support posts, is 230m long and 29m tall.
Surrounding castles and chateaux
- Chateau Lemberk - Jablonne v Podjestedi,
- Grabštejn Castle - Hrádek nad Nisou,
- Oybin Castle - Oybin, Germany
- Chateau Liberec - Liberec
- Chateau Zákupy - Stráž nad Nisou
- Frydlant Castle - Frydlant
More tips for trips
- The Rock of Death at Kunratice - a 15-meter-high rock with carved glass relief reminiscent of the legend of the evil knight Kun, who pursued a beautiful miller's daughter. According to legend, the girl was saved by jumping into the swamp, while the knight settled out of the rock and the evil lost.
- Naděje Dam - Located near neighboring Mařenice, it used to serve as a storage tank for the mill and sawmill in the nearby Hamr settlement. The clean water in the dam invites you to bathe, just be prepared for the fact that it is very cold even in summer.
- AJETO Glassworks in Lindava - You can arrange an excursion and look under the hands of the glassmakers in the glassworks.
- Take a trip to a German village 10 kilometers away from Malevil and you will definitely not regret it. You can visit the beautiful Jepsi Rocks, the Butterfly House, the skating arena, the narrow-gauge steam railway and the Lusatian architecture.
- In the picturesque village of Oybin you can visit the castle of the same name and the monastery of the same name, which was founded in 1369 by Charles IV. P